Bucket List Fishing on Namotu Island
Join an exclusive week of top water, heavy tackle, live baiting and jigging with Namotu’s charter fishing guide. These weeks are great for smashing PBs and scoring some bucket list fish.
Each package includes 6 days of guided fishing onboard the Cobalt and 7 nights accommodation on Namotu Island in a premium bure. Target a range of species then return home to Namotu Island each night for incredible food, luxurious accommodation and resort facilities.
With specially designed fishing boats crewed by our best guide and top local skipper, this week is the ultimate fishing adventure. All tackle, bait and equipment is supplied and Mitch Johnson will be your host for the week. He lives and breathes fishing in these waters and spends most of his year here running our charter fishing program.
Signature Fish Week bookings include a Half day (4hrs) when you arrive, 5 Full days (8hrs), then a Half day (hrs) on your last day of the week. Numbers are limited with a maximum of 4 anglers per week.
Contact Mitch for more information and pricing.
19-26 November 2023 – Hosted by Mitch Johnson, Namotu’s charter host (SOLD OUT)
26 November – 3 December 2023 – Hosted by Mitch Johnson, Namotu’s charter host (SOLD OUT)
18-25 February 2024 – Hosted by Mitch Johnson, Namotu’s charter host (SPACES AVAILABLE)
The Cobalt is our premium charter vessel equipped with live bait tanks, twin Yamaha 300hp outboards, top-of-the-range electronics and outriggers.
This 32ft centre console World Cat catamaran is built to be smooth, stable and comfortable. Fish the Pacific in style with everything from cushioned seating to an onboard head.
YOUR HOST, MITCH
Fish with Namotu’s charter fishing guide, Mitch Johnson. He now lives in Fiji most of the year where he spends his days fishing, operating our charter program and exploring the incredible reefs around the Mamanuca Islands. There’s nobody better to fish with, whether you’re chasing big GT, trolling for wahoo or casting for yellowfin.
With limited numbers there is plenty of space on each boat and time to do what you want. Mitch will take you to the spots, show you their preferred tricks and techniques and handle the running of the boat so you can just focus on fishing.
The fishing in this region of Fiji is great all year long with different species appearing depending on water temperatures and bait.
Interpreting nature and targeting the right species at the right time with the right technique sets our expert guides above the rest and puts you on the bite. Mitch is an expert at catching all fish with all these techniques.
Food and Dining
Enjoy 3 meals daily prepared by the Namotu kitchen and enjoy your catch served fresh. We specialise in sashimi and each night the snacks are a true highlight so you’ll want to make it back by sunset. If you’re fishing out wide a packed lunch including beers, beverages and snacks will be served onboard your boat.
We’ve reserved two of our premium bures for these week, the Sunset Bures. These beachside bungalows are air conditioned, sleep up to 3 people and have their own private balconies overlooking Namotu Lefts and the sunset. Featuring natural stone, spacious bathrooms and local flair, these are some of the Island’s most comfortable rooms.
Cobalt Package Inclusions
- 7 nights accommodation on Namotu Island Resort in our premium accommodation
- Airport to Island return transfers
- Daily yoga, unlimited use of surf boats with unlimited access to Namotu Lefts, Restaurants, Swimming Pools & Wilkes, first boat to Cloudbreak daily+, surf guide in the water with you at all times to ensure you are safe, use of soft top surfboards, snorkelling gear & SUPs
- 3 meals daily including packed lunches plus the famous Namotu snacks each night at 6pm
- 2x half day charters & 5x full day charters onboard the Cobalt with Duane Diego as your guide + top local skipper & angler
- All tackle, bait & ice supplied
- Space available for partners at our standard Island rate.
Namotu Island Accommodation Inclusions
- 7 nights accommodation on Namotu Island Resort (Sunday – Sunday)
- Unlimited use of surf boats with unlimited access to Namotu Lefts, Restaurants, Swimming Pools & Wilkes plus first boat to Cloudbreak
- Surf guide in the water with you at all times to ensure you are safe
- Use of basic surfboards, snorkelling gear & paddleboards
- 3 meals daily plus Namotu’s famous nightly snacks
- Tea, coffee & filtered water
- Round trip Airport transfers via bus and boat
- Daily yoga
- Off-Island trips such as Cloud9, Musket Cove & more
- Renowned Fijian night & local weekly entertainment
- Wifi Internet
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS including private coaching, charters, jet ski hire, wind sport rental, surfboard rental and more. See attachment for details.
- NOT INCLUDED: Flights & luggage, beverages/bar tab, massage, gratuities, travel insurance & photography
- Airfares to/from Nadi
- Bar tab (alcoholic beverages, soft drinks)
- Wifi Internet
*Although fishing gear is supplied, you may wish to bring your own gear too if you have that lucky jigging or popping rod. Recommended equipment available upon request.
*Fishing package and non-fishing package available so this trip can be booked by couples where one party fishes and the other doesn’t. Limited availability.
ADD-ONS & EXTRA
- Heli transfer for 1-3 people. $1000USD aprox.
Yes, it is compulsory. You will need a plan that covers medical emergencies and transport, trip cancellation, travel changes, loss of property and luggage. We recommend a comprehensive cover to ensure you’re protected.
Yes, wireless internet is available and included in your package.
No, but it’s always nice to fish with your own gear.
Yes, we have introduced a weekly hire. You can rent kitesurfing equipment and foils but we recommend bringing your own SUP gear and short boards.
Depending on swell size there is any type of that you want, long and hollow, or short and fun.
Yes, we can cater to a range of dietary restrictions, just let us know prior to travel.
It’s a good idea but not critical.
There is a small store on the island but realistically imagine you are in the middle of nowhere, plan for your personal needs, sunscreens, any medications, rash vest etc before you get here. We’ll send you a list of things to pack as a guide.
The best way to arrive is by plane to Nadi International Airport (NAN). You’ll be picked up by one of Namotu’s private shuttles and from there by boat to tropical paradise – your home for the week. Helicopter and boat charters are available at an additional cost.
Spend the Sunday afternoon settling into your bure and exploring the Island before the welcome drinks with your hosts at 6pm. While the weather is normally reliable, it does influence the day’s activities. There’s always something to do but the timetable is flexible to allow maximum enjoyment of the conditions.
Checkout is 10am on Sunday. Hop on the final boat ride home where you’ll be bused back to Nadi Airport or a destination of your choosing.
We have an amazing team of hosts who are there to teach, support and generally make your stay incredible. HOWEVER, if in the case of emergency, illness or similar, it is a possibility that one or more of the advertised hosts may be unable to attend. In this unlikely event we cannot offer a refund but we will guarantee to replace that staff member with someone equally capable to ensure your week is not affected.