Packing for vacation is exciting no matter where you're headed, but when you're headed to a Fijian island resort in the middle of the Pacific Ocean to surf for a week, packing is elevated to a whole new level. More than just clothing and personal items, you've got to pack Fiji surf gear.
We thought it might be helpful to know what you need to pack and what you can safely leave at home when you're staying at Namotu Island Resort.
Pack The Fiji Surf Basics
- Your Board. If you're coming to surf, you'd best pack your board. Long boards over 6'2" are recommended for most of the swells in the area, as they can be quite strong. Even expert surfers sometimes have trouble staying atop their short boards.
- Your Gear. Bring all your gear with you – leash, rash guard, wax, booties, beach towel and a bag for transporting your board. We'd hate for it to get damaged on the ride out to the breaks.
- Sun Protection. The Fiji sun can be harsh and unforgiving, especially when it's reflected off the ocean waves. Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to ensure you aren't suffering after your first full day in the sun and Fiji surf.
- Swimwear. You'll practically live in your swimwear at Namotu Island Resort. You may want to pack a few different pieces to make it through your stay with us.
What You Can Skip
- Food. Your reservation includes 3 meals daily and we can accommodate all diets and dietary restrictions. Just let us know ahead of time if you have special dietary needs.
- Basic First Aid. There is a small infirmary on the island and basic first aid supplies are available at the resort to take care of any sun damage or cuts and scratches you may have gotten on the reef.
- Personal Toiletries. Our boutique carries sundries and other personal care items if you find you've forgotten something at home.
- Fancy Clothes. We are a casual resort. Dress comfortably! Sarongs and sandals, shorts and t-shirts and swimwear are all acceptable island fashions. Average temperatures are in the mid to upper 80's depending on the time of year you visit us.
- Scuba Gear. We have rental gear available if you decide to take your adventures under the waves.
Plan Your Fiji Surf Vacation Today
At Namotu Island Resort we want your vacation to be as relaxing and hassle-free as possible. Contact us ahead of time to make special requests or to get answers to your specific questions and concerns. We look forward to helping you plan your Fiji surf vacation!